Tips & Techniques to Boost PC Protection Against Malware’s!
In this technological advanced era, computers have just revolutionized the way people learn, shop, work, pay bills and communicate with each other. Not only that it also help you to keep track of several things like bank accounts, office, home and so on. Your PC has turned out to be your best friend as well as assistant on which you can really rely on. It stores your valuable and sensitive information that you can not reveal in public. So, it is not only important but your duty to protect your PC from cyberspace intruders and malicious programs that are trying dead hard to get into your computer system and exploit its resources and data completely.
Now the question is, how you gonna protect your PC from malicious programs that try to break your PC protection every time with small designed applications that install in the computer system automatically in silent mode to avoid detection? Well, to get the answer of this question you need to follow some security tips and techniques basically categorized in two broad sections –
- Build up a strong computer defense against potential malware’s.
- And do not fall in the trap of tricky malware downloads.
Build up a strong computer defense against potential malware’s.
Under this section you will get to know, how you can establish a strong defense system against potential malicious programs or malware to protect your PC and avoid intrusions.
- Update Installed Software on Regular Basis – Cybercriminals try numerous ways and different efforts to exploit all possible vulnerabilities in the software installed in the PC. Whether it is the operating system you use or any application software you have installed to accomplish any task, these people find their way through to make best use of it. So, it is very important that you should always update your software’s in a regular basis, subscribe to the automatic software updates whenever it is offered like automatic updates of Microsoft software’s and uninstall the software that you don’t use from the Control Panel of your PC.
- Install a Powerful and Advanced Antivirus or Antispyware program – This is one of the important and best thing to do to avoid any malware attack and protect PC. But never download anything in response to a warning from a program that you haven’t installed. In fact do the opposite and get a reputable anti-malware program from a vendor that you trust and can rely on. And don’t forget to update your security software in a regular basis.
- Build a Firm Firewall for your PC – A firewall is like a fence around a fort that acts as a barrier between your PC and cyberspace. It is very important to take account of it if you have a high speed internet connection from any cable provider or DSL. It is because under this setup the doorway from your PC to the Internet is open whenever your computer is on even if computer is not being used. So, Turn on Firewall and if you don’t have any then get a powerful one.
- Secure your PC with Strong and Effective Password – Strong passwords are very important as they act as a key to unlock the access to your accounts, emails, computer activities and access to the computer itself. It should be picked with lot of precaution like it should be long, include combination of letters, numbers and symbols and so on. Other important things regarding passwords are avoid sharing it with others, don’t use the same password on all sites you have accounts on and create different and strong passwords for routers and wireless key of your wireless connection.
- Use Flash Drive Vigilantly – You should always try to minimize the chances to get infected with malware. Since flash drives are ideal way for worms and other malware’s to spread. So, it is very important that you use this drives cautiously and scan it thoroughly using powerful security programs for any infections in them.
Do not fall in the trap of tricky malware downloads.
Malware’s will not inform you about their invasion, they just sneak into the PC and start to perform malicious activities. So, it is very important that you carefully do all the activities over Internet to minimize their intrusion. Follow the below mentioned advices to stay protected –
- Always be cautious while opening any attachment or clicking any link in your email, messengers or posts on social networks. Malware often get downloaded through this link.
- Always download the software you need from the trusted source. Examine twice even thrice for any free offers of music, videos, games or anything like such. Free offers often come embedded with malware download.
- Always avoid clicking OK, Agree or I Accept kind of buttons or links on the banner ads, pop-ups, warning messages and other source that claim to remove viruses from PC and do not appear to be legitimate.
Malware attacks are very common these days, but it is our responsibility to stay protected and keep our PC safe and secure from such invasions. So, just follow the steps discussed above and keep your PC healthy and malware free.