Search.Freeze.com – Complete Removal Guide!
The Search.Freeze.com redirect virus is not just a browser hijacker but some times acts as a Spyware.This software installs unwanted program on user’s computer, it will change or modify the default settings of Internet browser. It acts as notorious infection used by cyber criminals to promote their own network domains. Search.Freeze.com affects your computer settings; mainly targets DNS; change your browser homepage, new tab page and search engine against your permission. After installation, you will be unable to access the popular websites such as Google because you are searching anything on Google; the malware redirects you to http://search.freeze.com search engine instead of Google. And it displays unwanted pop-ups advertisements on the screen. These ads may lead to freeze.com. Search.Freeze.com uses wrong way to enter in your computer and track your browser history, collect personal information which may include username, password and accounts inquiry Once it is downloaded it will change your proxy settings, cache data and might affect your database. It will slow down your system by each and every mean by redirecting your browser to Search.Freeze.com every time to make revenue more and more when ever you entered an invalid address or perform a search; it will provide a predefined web page instead of default web page and causes web directs to wrong websites, hijack search engine settings and leads to unexpected Webpage. So it is necessary to remove Search.freeze.com redirect virus from the PC Completely.
Screenshot of Search.freeze.com
Harmful Characteristics of Search.freeze.com!
- Your Google, Yahoo and other search results will be redirected.
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- You will see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- Your critical and valuable data might get steal and send to cyber criminals.
- Your PC will encounter issues while starting and shutting it down.
- And so on.
How Search.freeze.com redirect virus Spread?
It is actually not certain how this malware gets into the computer system particularly. If it takes the help of any method to intrude in to any particular PC then you can’t be sure it will do the same for others. Since it does not requires any kind of administrator permission to get inside, so it is really hard to find how it gains entry into the PC. Some of common intrusion methods include –
- Downloading free stuffs like movies, codec’s, videos etc. from un-trusted or malicious websites.
- Downloading email attachments containing infected codes or malicious stuffs.
- Clicking links of pop-ups and ads which are malicious in nature.
- Taking the help of some sneaky Trojans, viruses and other malware’s.
- Through peer to peer file sharing tools.
- And many more.
How to remove Search.freeze.com from PC Directly!
Search.freeze.com virus removal is not an easy process. To overcome with this problem of browser redirect to unwanted destination pages we recommend two removal procedures. First is Automatic removal and second Manual removal. Manual removal of Search.freeze.com is time consuming process. Under this process first you have to understand what the problem is and which files and entries to be removed from the windows registry and system directories. Even after that you can’t ensure all the traces of Search.freeze.com are completely removed from the system. Therefore it is advised that you better try the automatic removal method by downloading the file provided below which makes your work very easy and time saving. It will remove all the traces of Search.freeze.com from the computer
to view Complete installation check out Installation Guide!
Manual removal methods of Search.frezze.com virus tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete Search.frezze.com virus files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by Search.frezze.com virus.
NOTE: To represent Search.frezze.com virus, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that Search.frezze.com virus may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace Search.frezze.com virus.
Step 4 – You can also remove Search.frezze.com virus from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove Search.frezze.com virus from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove Search.frezze.com virus by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.
Other Related Posts
How To Remove Dealspy Adware! Remove Vid Saver Adware From PC!