ScorecardResearch.com – How to Remove ScorecardResearch.com Hijacker from PC!
Initially ScorecardResearch.com worked out to be a safe and productive website that worth the browse. But later it was discovered that this website is bit risky and a malicious browser hijacker that has the capability to hijack web browsers constantly. In addition it can also affect search engines such as Google, Yahoo and redirects the search results to unknown and malicious websites. Some other redirect virus may also accompany with ScorecardResearch.com that can really affect the PC adversely and make it more prone to harmful infections. They come bundled with backdoors, spyware, Trojan, malware and other rogues that insert some malicious files and registry entries in the system and can also trace online activities to display several malicious pop-ups and ads to annoy people and stole their valuable information. Undoubtly it is really very dangerous threat that can cause more and more damage to the PC, so try to remove ScorecardResearch.com from PC as quick as possible.
ScorecardResearch.com Hijacker Screenshot!
Attack Symptoms of ScorecardResearch.com Browser Redirect!
- Your PC will run slowly and sluggishly with degraded performance.
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- It may also download and install several harmful spyware programs on your PC.
- You may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- You may find problems in running or executing some of the programs of your PC.
- And so on.
How ScorecardResearch.com Hijacker Spreads?
Like any other browser hijacker, ScorecardResearch.com also spreads via malicious downloads that people generally do from malicious and suspicious websites. When people download such stuffs they also download some of the infectious stuffs that infect the PC adversely. Also when people search anything using this website they easily get redirected to such sites that have embedded objects available to spread harmful infections to any healthy computer. Apart from that, Trojans, fake scanners, sneaky redirects and others are always there to distribute similar kind of threat over internet.
How to Remove ScorecardResearch.com Browser Hijacker from PC?
Removing ScorecardResearch.com browser hijacker from PC is really very difficult because it drops not a single file but several files and makes many malicious registry entries in the computer system. So, it is not an easy task to perform if you are doing it manually. Even if you eliminate most of the related files you cannot be sure of its complete removal from the computer system. So, better you try to remove this browser hijacker from the PC using the automatic method and download the run a free scan using the program provided below. It is really very powerful and effective browser hijacker removal tool that eliminates all the traces of this hijacker from the PC and make the computer system completely free from this or any other potential threats in the system.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide.
Manual removal methods of ScorecardResearch.com hijacker tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below:
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete ScorecardResearch.com hijacker files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove related registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select ”Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by ScorecardResearch.com hijacker.
NOTE: To represent ScorecardResearch.com hijacker, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that ScorecardResearch.com hijacker may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace ScorecardResearch.com hijacker.
Step 4 – You can also remove ScorecardResearch.com hijacker from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove ScorecardResearch.com hijacker from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove ScorecardResearch.com hijacker by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.