Remove Search.reimageplus.com Browser Hijacker from PC Completely!
Search.reimageplus.com is a vicious browser hijacker that generally comes bundled with a malicious rogue application called Reimage PC Repair Online. Once it is installed on your PC, it will attack your browsers and changes the default browser settings and rewrite homepage to Search.reimageplus.com. After its infection, whenever you will search anything on internet, it will show you fake search results and redirect you to some unwanted websites which contain many vicious threats. Besides, it will generate lots of pop ups and ads on your screen. If you click on those of pop ups, many malicious threats can infect your computer badly. It is able to affect almost all browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla, Internet Explorer and so on. This threat can open backdoor of your system and welcome other critical threats to your computer. Besides, it can also be used by hackers to steal your confidential information to perform some critical tasks. As a result, your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results, it displays several annoying popup and adverts while you surf the web, it also makes path for the installation of other types of spyware/adware and so on. So, you need to take action to remove Search.reimageplus.com browser hijacker from PC immediately.
Search.reimageplus.com Browser Hijacker Screenshot!
Attack Symptoms of Search.reimageplus.com Browser Hijacker!
- Your Google, Yahoo and other search results will be redirected.
- Your PC will encounter issues while starting and shutting it down.
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- Your critical and valuable data might get steal and send to cyber criminals.
- You may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- And so on.
How Search.reimageplus.com Browser Hijacker Enters into the PC!
It is actually not certain how this malware gets into the computer system particularly. If it takes the help of any method to intrude in to any particular PC then you can’t be sure it will do the same for others. Since it does not requires any kind of administrator permission to get inside, so it is really hard to find how it gains entry into the PC. Some of common intrusion methods include –
- Downloading email attachments containing infected codes or malicious stuffs.
- Clicking links of pop-ups and ads which are malicious in nature.
- Visiting any adult/porn, infected or malicious websites.
- Downloading free stuffs like movies, codec’s, videos etc. from un-trusted or malicious websites.
- Through peer to peer file sharing tools.
- Clicking links of pop-ups and ads which are malicious in nature.
- Taking the help of some sneaky Trojans, viruses and other malware’s.
- And many more.
How to Remove Search.reimageplus.com Browser Hijacker from PC Effectively:
It is really very difficult to remove Search.reimageplus.com from PC by manually because it affects the system parts and registry very badly. Besides, there is a definite chance of losing files during running the manual removal process. So, it is better that you try the automatic tool provided below and uninstall Search.reimageplus.com browser hijacker completely. It can scan automatically your whole PC and remove this threat totally. It will also help you to optimize your PC performance and make your PC run faster. So, it is recommended that you download this software and run a free scan of your system in order to get rid of Search.reimageplus.com browser hijacker permanently. Free download is also available here.
View complete installation process, check out Installation Guide!
Manual removal methods of Search.reimageplus.com tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete Search.reimageplus.com files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by Search.reimageplus.com.
NOTE: To represent Search.reimageplus.com, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that Search.reimageplus.com may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace Search.reimageplus.com.
Step 4 – You can also remove Search.reimageplus.com from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove Search.reimageplus.com from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove Search.reimageplus.com by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.