Remove Gandalf virus from PC In easy steps [Complete Working Solutions]!
What is Gandalf Redirect Virus?
Gandalf virus is a redirect virus belongs to browser hijacker malware which is used to redirect your search results and web links to some websites of its own domain network only. It is a browser extension which gets secretly installed into your computer and may corrupt or modify your web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome. This malware affects your computer settings; mainly targets DNS; change your browser homepage, new tab page and search engine against your permission and knowledge. After installation, you will be unable to access the popular websites such as Google because you are searching anything on Google; the malware redirects you to its own search engine instead of Google. Another common problem reported is an error “You shall not pass” which appears when you try to access social network websites like Facebook, YouTube, and twitter. It will provide a predefined web page instead of default web page and causes web directs to wrong websites, hijack search engine settings and leads to unexpected WebPages. So it is necessary to remove Gandalf redirect virus from the PC Completely.
Screenshot of Gandalf Redirect Virus!
Harmful Symptoms of Gandalf Redirect Virus!
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below –
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- It will resist most of the procedures and methods of its removal or elimination.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
How Gandalf Redirect Virus Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like Gandalf Redirect Virus easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below –
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- And several others.
How to remove Gandalf Redirect Virus from your PC?
Gandalf Redirect Virus is unwanted browser extension which is used to redirect your search results and web links to some websites of its own domain network only and installed itself in any of your browser very easily, it only create problem for users therefore must be removed from your system completely .it is difficult to remove it from your system. There are two removal methods- Manual and Automatic. As you know Manual removal method is time consuming process which also not provides 100%result to the user; therefore you must use automatic removal method by downloading the program given below. It is a time saving process that removes all the traces of Gandalf Redirect malware and optimizes the speed and performance of your Computer. So it is recommended to remove Gandalf Redirect Virus as immediate as you can from your computer.
To view complete installation, check out Installation Guide!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of Gandalf Redirect Virus from Windows system manually –
Step 1 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in URL bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Enter ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box, right click and select ‘Modify’.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 2 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench’ or ‘Bar’ icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default’.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 3 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘Tools’ (from Top Menu) > ‘Internet Option’.
- Click ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ‘Set as default’.
- Restart browser.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below –
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codec’s etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.