Remove Babylon Search Engine Virus From Windows System!
About Babylon Search Engine Virus!
Babylon Search Engine Virus seems to be a good websites, and it is designed in such a way, so that it can easily fool the online user and easily entered in their PC. This irritating virus come bundles with free sites or by visiting infected sites, this critical virus is characterized as browser hijacker, as its behavior is to redirect browser to other infected sites of its own domain. This redirect virus added its malicious extension to any reputed browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome very easily and it is compatible with all of them. Once it enters in your system it will corrupt all your internet default setting such as Homepage, default search provider, DNS etc. It makes ISearch.babylon.com your default homepage and search engine and whenever you search for anything in those fake search engine, it provides search results that contain many other links and ads, those link address are of several other infected sites, and if you visit to those sites by clicking on provided links, you will be directly redirected to malicious sites from where many other infection, virus, Trojan and worms can injected in your system. It also utilize lots of system space and make your PC very slow and of low performance. So, it is recommended to remove Babylon Search Engine from your system as soon as you can.
Screenshot of Babylon Search Engine!
Harmful Symptoms of Babylon Search Engine !
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below –
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
How Babylon Search Engine Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like Babylon Search Engine easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below –
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
How to Remove Babylon Search Engine Virus from Windows System?
Babylon Search Engine is a dangerous redirect virus that is very easily installed in any system and added to browser, it hide its removal links from the user, so that it cannot be deleted from system. This redirect virus is also not easily detected by any good anti-virus program and infects the system very badly. We provide two removal processes, by using which you can remove this critical browser hijacker program from your PC. Manual removal process and Automatic removal process, Manual process is a time consuming process and requires lots of technical skill to find all the traces of hijacker and delete it from your system. It is better to try Automatic removal process by downloading the link given below, it will search all the traces of browser hijacker and automatically remove it from your system and also optimize the speed and performance of your system. So it is recommended to remove Babylon Search Engine redirect virus from PC as soon as you can.
To view complete installation, check out Installation Guide!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of Babylon Search Engine from Windows system manually –
Step 1 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in URL bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Enter ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box, right click and select ‘Modify’.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 2 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench’ or ‘Bar’ icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default’.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 3 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘Tools’ (from Top Menu) > ‘Internet Option’.
- Click ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ‘Set as default’.
- Restart browser.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below –
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codec’s etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.