PrivacyCut Virus (Rogue) Complete Removal Guide!
PrivacyCut virus belongs to the rogue family which generally comes from infected websites and unsafe downloads. It is a fake scanner which has the ability to scare the users by generating some fake infection alerts. These alerts are totally fake. So, if you want to delete these threats, you will be asked to purchase the full activated version. This trick is to rip your money. Actually, it doesn’t have the ability to detect any genuine threat. It can use your system vulnerabilities to conceal itself on your computer. It can also introduce the other malicious threats like malware, adware, spyware to your computer. Besides, it has the ability to record your personal data and information and deliver it to the third party remote server to perform some illegal activities. As a result, your PC will run slowly and sluggishly with degraded performance, it compromises user’s system privacy and security, it may also download and install several harmful spyware programs on your PC and many more. So, if your computer has been infected by it, then remove PrivacyCut virus immediately.
Attack Symptoms of PrivacyCut Virus!
- It compromises user’s system privacy and security.
- It resists all the procedure of its uninstallation.
- It may hijack, redirect and change user’s browser and internet settings.
- It also makes path for the installation of other types of spyware/adware.
- It displays several annoying popup and adverts while user surfs the web.
- It installs itself to the PC without users consent.
- And so on.
How to Remove PrivacyCut Virus from PC Completely!
PrivacyCut virus cannot be removed completely only by removing from Control Panel because it drops its malicious files everywhere on your computer. So, it is strongly recommended that you better try the automatic tool to uninstall PrivacyCut virus from your PC completely. It automatically scans all the hard drives and removes all the traces of this threat. It will also optimize your PC performance and make your PC run faster. So, without wasting any more time, just download this tool and run a free scan in order to get rid of PrivacyCut virus permanently. Free download is also available here.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide!
Manual removal methods of PrivacyCut virus tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below –
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Stop PrivacyCut virus processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 3 – Delete related files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 4 – Delete DLL files related to this rogue –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Step 5 – Remove related registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”