PC Defender Plus – Know How to Remove PC Defender Plus Rogue!
PC Defender Plus is fake antivirus program that appears to be legitimate. This rogue belongs to the big family of rogue software’s i.e. Braviax which is really very dangerous. It is a complete scam and of no use which is created by cyber criminals just to trick innocent computer users for money only. It claims to detect and eliminate malicious threats from the PC but it does nothing like such. It scares user by displaying fake scanning results of infections that never existed in the computer system. In addition it generates fake security warning messages stating that there was an identity theft detected in the system as it is being scanned by some unknown program. It asks you to purchase the licensed version of this rogue program in order to remove lethal threats from PC which is of no use. So, just avoid purchasing this fake security program and try to remove PC Defender Plus before it does any further damage to the computer system.
PC Defender Plus Screenshot!
PC Defender Plus Attack Symptoms!
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- Your PC will run slowly and sluggishly with degraded performance.
- You may find problems in running or executing some of the programs of your PC.
- You may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- It may also download and install several harmful spyware programs on your PC.
- You may experience as if your entire PC has gone stuck.
- Your PC’s resources will be compromised and it may also disable certain functions of your PC.
- And so on.
How PC Defender Plus Rogue Spreads?
This rogue is gets into the computer system by sneaky redirects, clicking malicious links of pop-ups, fake online scanners, downloading torrents from the un-trusted sites and other ways. It can also be distributed as an update to codec to view online videos of different format. Downloading any unknown program or codec from any malicious or hacked website can also bring this rogue to your PC.
What PC Defender Plus Rogue Actually Does?
The behavior of this rogue and its working is very much like other rogue programs. It gets into the computer system without users consent and once it sneaks through it makes registry changes and alters system files to execute every time automatically whenever PC starts. Once started it controls the entire system and fabricates fake scanning of the entire hard drive to displays several such threats and malicious infections that never existed in the PC. They are just displayed to scare and convince innocent computer users to purchase the registered version of the product to remove the threats detected. Even though this security program appears to be legitimate but don’t trust it at all because this rogue is developed by cyber criminals only to earn money by fooling computer users in the name of security and protection.
How to Remove PC Defender Plus from PC Automatically?
As this rogue drops several harmful files and also alters registry entries and settings, so it is really very difficult to remove it from PC manually. Locating each of those files manually and eleminatng them from PC completely is not an easy task to perform, so to simplify this task just download the program linked below and run a free scan to eliminate this rogue from your computer system completely. It is the best, effective and safest way to get rid of PC Defender Plus from PC. You can remove it manually but keep it in mind that this manual process is only for experts and most importantly does not guarantees the complete removal of PC Defender Plus.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide.
How to Remove PC Defender Plus from PC manually?
Manual removal methods of PC Defender Plus tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below –
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Stop PC Defender Plus processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 3 – Delete related files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 4 – Delete DLL files related to this rogue –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Step 5 – Remove related registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”