Online HD TV Hijacker – Remove Online HD TV Hijacker in Easy Steps!
Initially, Online HD TV appeared to be a useful website that can be used to download media video files and allow users to watch TV broadcast’s live. But in reality it is not for users’ good rather it is a toolbar that has relations with dangerous browser hijackers. Whenever you attempt to download any corrupt or malicious freeware or toolbars from suspicious websites such as Dealcabby or CouponDropDown you may possibly get Online HD TV hijacker in your PC in no time. Everytime you try to search something using this toolbar you will be constantly redirected to www.online-hd.tv or some other misleading and malicious website. All this browser hijacker can do is identity theft, modification to homepage and internet settings, change in DNS settings and so on. This hijacker is very much similar to other hijacker i.e. Torn TV hijacker which is built on Yontoo platform which has the ability to modify page behavior or the browsing website. So, it is advised that people should try to remove Online HD TV hijacker from the Windows system as quick as possible.
Online HD TV Hijacker Screenshot!
Attack Symptoms of Online HD TV Hijacker Browser Redirect!
- It resists all the procedures and methods of its removal.
- It may hijack, redirect and change user’s browser and internet settings.
- It installs itself or gets in to the user’s PC without their consent.
- It displays several annoying popup and adverts while user surfs the web.
- It paves path for the other spywares/adware to the PC.
- It degrades PC’s performance and makes it work really slow and sluggish.
- It steals valuable critical user data and sends it to any unreliable source.
- And so on.
How Online HD TV Hijacker Spreads?
Being categorized under browser hijacker, this hijacker gets into the computer system in the same way the other hijackers do like sneaky redirects, bundled with toolbars & other malicious add-ons. But our experts have detected that the installer of this hijacker can also get into the PC with Bifrose backdoor that allows the remote connection to an infected PC using the security holes. Apart from that, this hijacker can also get into the PC using third party malware like spyware, adware and other malicious applications.
How to Remove Online HD TV Hijacker from PC?
Well removing Online HD TV hijacker from PC is really very difficult if you try to perform this task manually. It is because this hijacker drops several malicious files in the hard drive and detecting and removing all those files individually is really very tough. Moreover, this hijacker also modifies internet settings, DNS settings, changes browser’s homepage and restoring them to their default settings requires lots of computer expertise and knowledge for sure. So, in such situation it is advised that to remove Online HD TV browser hijacker from the PC completely, you better try the program provided below and scan your PC once. It will automatically detect all the traces of this redirect virus and will remove them from PC permanently. It will also help you to enhance your PC performance and make it to work fast with improved performance.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide.
Manual removal methods of Online HD TV Hijacker tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete Online HD TV Hijacker files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by Online HD TV Hijacker.
NOTE: To represent Online HD TV Hijacker, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that Online HD TV Hijacker may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace Online HD TV Hijacker.
Step 4 – You can also remove Online HD TV Hijacker from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove Online HD TV Hijacker from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove Online HD TV Hijacker by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.