How to Remove Imitsearch.net Hijacker Virus?
What is Imitsearch.net redirect virus?
Imitsearch.net is a corrupt browser hijacker which is created by Cyber hackers to promote their own network domain only. And it is compatible with any of your web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer etc without your knowledge. Once it is loaded into your PC, you will find that your searching on Google always redirects you to http://Imitsearch.net or similar websites instead of search results from Google.
Imitsearch.net seems to be an alternative search option left for you but in reality it is a bogus search engine website that brings spam content and paid advertisements relevant to the words you search for. And clicking on those resulted links would lead you to further suspicious WebPages. If you keep getting redirected to imitsearch.net while searching on Google, Yahoo or Bing, this means your system has been hijacked by this malware. After installation it will change your homepage, and then alters DNS and internet settings of your PC. And then it may monitor your online activities, collects your personal information and send it to Cyber criminals. So it is necessary for you to remove Imitsearch.net redirect virus from Your Window system.
Symptoms to identify the Presence of Imitsearch.net Virus!
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- It will resist most of the procedures and methods of its removal or elimination.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
Efficient way to remove Imitsearch.net virus redirect?
To overcome browser redirect Imitsearch.net virus, you should follow the removal guide steps which is given below as quickly as possible otherwise it may cause serious damage to your system, by deleting important files and can steal your personal information. To avoid installation of free software Internet users should always pay close attention. There are two removal methods- Manual and Automatic. Manual removal method is time consuming process which also not provides 100% success and you should know each and every step to remove this software; therefore you must use automatic removal method by downloading the program given below. It is a time saving process that removes all the traces of Imitsearch.net virus and optimizes the speed and performance of your PC So it is recommended to remove Imitsearch.net virus as immediate as you can.
How Imitsearch.net Virus Enters into Windows System?
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- And several others.
Remove Imitsearch.net Virus Virus Manually!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of Imitsearch.net Virus from Windows system manually –
Step 1 – Uninstall Imitsearch.net Virus Program
- Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
- Scroll down the program list to find and highlight “Imitsearch.net Virus” and click ‘Remove’.
- Also look for “MagicPic” and “Toolbar on IE and Chrome” items, highlight and remove them.
Step 2 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in URL bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Enter ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box, right click and select ‘Modify’.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 3 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench’ or ‘Bar’ icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default’.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 4 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘Tools’ (from Top Menu) > ‘Internet Option’.
- Click ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ‘Set as default’.
- Restart browser.