International Police Association (IAC) “Your Computer is locked” Ukash Scam – How to remove?
What is International Police Association (IAC) “Your Computer is locked” virus?
International Police Association “Your Computer is locked” is critical ransomware which is developed by Cyber Criminals to trick unsuspecting PC users and asking to pay a fine of 50 euro via Ukash for watching child pornography. It is a scam for asking to pay a nonexistent fine from users for supposedly made any law violations. The deceptive message will be shown in the users screen and it states that PC users have to pay a fine to Cyber criminals to regain access to their computer.
Computer users should understand that in reality not any authorities (including International Police Association, International Administration Center) or organization in whole world uses such screen blocking message to collect fine for any cyber law violations. The main Purpose of this ransomware is scaring unsuspecting PC users and paying this fine of 50 euro would equal to sending money to the cyber criminals. You may notice that this malware infection mainly targets PC users from UK and apply the name of IAC to make the deceptive message appear more legitimate to the user. You should notice that such rogue messages comes localised so PC uses from different countries will see different deceptive messages. The main motive of this scam is to escorting money from PC user who would fall for this trickery. So you must not trust on those scams and instead of paying any fine you should remove International Police Association (IAC) “Your Computer is locked” virus from your PC as soon as quick.
Harmful Symptoms of International Police Association “Your Computer is locked” virus !
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below –
- Locks the computer system and doesn’t unlock it unless ransom money is paid.
- Intelligently finds the loopholes in the PC and paves path for other harmful infections to intrude.
- All the PC’s resources will be compromised and will also disable its certain functions.
- Will display the ransom error message every now and then to pay the ransom money.
- Windows system utilities like Registry Editor, Task Manager and others will be disabled.
- You may notice changed desktop background and unknown strange icons in place of actual ones.
- Will make the computer using experience really very annoying, disturbing and frustrating.
How International Police Association “Your Computer is locked” virus Enters into Windows System?
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- And several others.
How to remove International Police Association (IAC) “Your Computer is locked” virus from PC Completely?
International Police Association Ukash ransomware virus is being distributed using exploit kits which are capable of detecting computer’s security and infecting them with such screen locking viruses. This virus enters into the PC through malicious websites, drive-by downloads and infected email messages. It can be removed manually but it may cause damage to your system if user does any mistake while deleting some essential or registry files from the computer. It can be removed easily with the automatic way by using this tool provided below which completely scans your whole PC automatically and removes this threat totally. It will also help you to optimize your PC speed and performance. If your computer is already infected with International Police Association ransomware you should ignore the fake massage and use the provided removal guide to eliminate this scam from your PC.
To view complete installation, check out Installation Guide!
How to Remove International Police Association “Your Computer is locked” virus from PC using Manual Methods?
Manual removal methods of this ransomware tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below –
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – In the opened command prompt type ‘explorer’ and press ‘Enter’ to open the explorer windows.
Step 3 – Now in the command prompt type ‘regedit’ and press ‘Enter’.
Step 4 – In registry editor window navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon
Step 5 – In the right side of the window locate ‘Shell’ and click on it. Now click on Modify. Its default value is Explorer.exe, if you see something else, then remove it and type Explorer.exe on it. If something else is written on it then use that information to navigate to the rogue executable and remove it.
Step 6 – Then restart your PC and download the file mentioned below and perform full system scan to eliminate International Police Association “Your Computer is locked” virus from PC.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below –
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codec’s etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.