How to Remove XP Security 2013 from Windows System!
XP Security 2013 is a fake and misleading security application which is intestinally created by online criminals to steal hard earned money from its victims. This bogus program claims itself as a beneficial antivirus program that protects the PC from harmful malware and viruses. But it does not like such rather researchers found this program a rogue hoax with pettifogging tricks. It displays fake ads and pop-ups messages to convince user that their PC is severely infected with Trojans and other malicious threats and in order to clean their PC they need to purchase the registered version of XP Security 2013. But all its claims are fake and it is recommended that people should not trust this rogue program.
XP Security 2013 belongs to the very lethal rogue family i.e. FakeRean and often invades to the different computers with different names. Like suppose if you are using Windows 7 then it will infiltrate into your PC with name Win 7 Security 2013 and so on. There are several ways using which this rogue gets into your computer system, but the most common one is fake online scanners. So, beware from next time to click any suspicious link you see and in case this rogue already invaded in your PC then try to remove XP Security 2013 from as quick as possible.
Threat Level: High.
Systems Affected: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000.
XP Security 2013 Attack Symptoms!
- It disables certain functions of compromised resources of the computer.
- It prevents the other programs or applications to execute or run.
- It alters internet and browser settings and redirect search results.
- Downloads and install many other harmful spyware programs.
- Sometimes it appears as the entire PC has gone stuck.
- It displays numerous unwanted and useless commercial pop-ups and adverts.
- It slows PC’s performance and makes it work really sluggish.
- And so on.
How XP Security 2013 Spreads?
Most common way by which XP Security 2013 spreads is through fake online scanners, but there are other ways available as well that help this rogue to spread. Among them the most prominent one is the Trojans and malicious websites that let viruses and harmful elements into the healthy PC very easy. Sneaky redirects, un-trusted and suspicious websites and downloads from torrent and un-trusted sites also leads to the invasion of this kind of rogue. They even take the help of hacked websites to install the malware on the computer system and exploit the vulnerabilities of unsecured computers easily.
What XP Security 2013 Rogue Actually Does?
Once XP Security 2013 system gets into the computer system by any means it is going to make the PC hell straight away. It will control the entire computer system and then does what it wishes to do. It will not let you run even small applications like notepad and hijack your internet browser to redirect you to malicious site all the time. It will drop some harmful files into your system folder and configure itself to start automatically whenever PC starts. Then in order to convince user that their PC is highly infected with Trojans and other viruses it will start fabricated scanning of the entire PC without users consent. XP Security 2013 will start blocking your work every now and give you a complete different PC usage experience that you don’t want to experience again.
How to Remove XP Security 2013 from Windows System Automatically?
Removing XP Security 2013 from Windows system is really very difficult because this rogue comes with rootkit that protect its files from getting exposed and removed. As it hijacks browser also, so it prevents browsers to download such software that can remove it in the normal operational mode which is even more dangerous. So, in this situation the best way to get rid of XP Security 2013 is by scanning it with effective and powerful anti-spyware program which will allow you to do security scan. Just download the file linked below and run a free scan to eliminate this rogue from your computer system completely. It is the best, effective and safest way to get rid of this lethal rogue from PC. You can remove it manually but keep it in mind that this manual process is only for experts and most importantly does not guarantees the complete removal of XP Security 2013.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide.
How to Remove XP Security 2013 from PC manually?
Manual removal methods of XP Security 2013 tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below –
- Delete XP Security 2013 files from PC –
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
- Stop XP Security 2013 processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
- Remove XP Security 2013 registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
- Delete XP Security 2013 DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run.” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
- If XP Security 2013 changed your homepage –
- Select Start menu > Control Panel > Internet Options > General.
- Type your preferred home page’s URL.
- Click “Use Default,” “Apply,” and “OK.”
So, what are you waiting for? Just follow the above mentioned steps or download the file below and remove XP Security 2013 from your PC completely.