How to Remove the-official-survey.com from Windows System – Complete Removal Guide!
What is the-official-survey.com Virus?
The-official-survey.com Virus acts as a browser hijacker which creeps into user’s PC with the help of free software installed from internet. This virus added its malicious extension to any reputed browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome very easily and it is compatible with all of them. As soon as it gets enters into your system, it will corrupt all your internet default setting such as Homepage, default search provider, DNS etc. Whenever you will open your web browser, and try to search something on Google or any other reputed search engine, you will not get the correct result instead you will be redirected to official-survey or to some other malicious web sites, from where many other infections can be caused to your browser and system. And it may perform malicious activities on victim computer. Its main purpose is to gain profit from computer user by redirecting them to infected websites. Moreover, this virus infection is a browser extension which can harm your PC very badly. Additionally, this virus will shut down your system constantly and stop the normal functioning of your antivirus software to avoid its detection. So, it is recommended for you to remove the-official-survey.com Virus from your infected system as soon as possible to avoid further harm to your computer.
Screenshot of the-official-survey.com Virus!
Harmful Properties of the-official-survey.com Virus!
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below –
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
- It will slow down the PC while starting up, playing online games, surfing internet and performing other tasks.
- It will resist most of the procedures and methods of its removal or elimination.
How the-official-survey.com Virus Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like the-official-survey.com Virus easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below –
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- And several others.
How to get rid of the-official-survey.com Virus from PC Completely?
the-official-survey.com virus is potentially unwanted virus which only creates problem for user without giving any benefit and always try to make harm to your system, and it is also difficult to eliminate from system completely as it not provide any removal link or hide it from user. We provide two removal process which can eliminate this malware from your system, Manual removal process and Automatic removal process. As this virus directly affects in your system registry files it is not easy to detect it and if any important windows file is deleted while removing virus, then you will face another bigger problems. So we prefer you to use Automatic removal process, just by downloading the software given below and start scanning your system; it will automatically remove all the traces of virus and also optimize the speed and performance of your PC. So, it is strongly recommended to remove the-official-survey.com Virus from your system as soon as possible.
To view complete installation, check out Installation Guide!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of the-official-survey.com Virus from Windows system manually –
Step 1 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in URL bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Enter ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box, right click and select ‘Modify’.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 2 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench’ or ‘Bar’ icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default’.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 3 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘Tools’ (from Top Menu) > ‘Internet Option’.
- Click ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ‘Set as default’.
- Restart browser.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below –
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codec’s etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.