How to Remove Dnsbasic.com Hijacker from Windows System – Complete Removal Guide!
What is Dnsbasic.com?
Dnsbasic.com is a web search engine that shows itself as a useful and genuine searching application but that is a false statement. Everyone knows what search engine in internet is, there are many search engine that provide their useful services to us and make our work easy. But Dnsbasic.com try to take advantage of the name Search engine and try to fools online user. It is just a fake search created by hacker to take advantages from online user through unfair mean. It’s mainly developed for the purpose of creating money for its creator by bringing internet traffic to the sponsored site. This hijacker program is created in such a way that it can enters easily in any computer system through freeware downloaded from internet or by visiting some unknown infected sites. It can easily add its malicious extension to any reputed web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Once this redirect virus enters in system will completely hijack your browser by changing its default setting and from then onward whenever you open the web browser it will be redirected to http://dnsbasic.com/ or other irrelevant sites that are not trusted. It also provides lots of unwanted commercial ads in browser that contain links of other infected sites. It always try to download other malware program and tries to damage your system completely, the worst task that it do is collecting personal information and send it cyber criminals and how far criminals can misuse your personal information that is not needed to explain. So it can be stated that this critical hijacker program is very dangerous to keep in your system. So, remove Dnsbasic.com from your system as soon as possible.
Screenshot of Dnsbasic.com!
Harmful Symptoms of Dnsbasic.com Redirect Virus !
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below –
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
How Dnsbasic.com Redirect Virus Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like Dnsbasic.com Redirect Virus easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below –
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- And several others.
How to remove Dnsbasic.com Hijacker?
Dnsbasic.com Redirect Virus is a corrupt application whose motive is to make money from online user in illegal way. As it’s installed automatically without user knowledge it is difficult to find its traces initially. It creates lots of problem for user by changing default setting and frequently redirecting browser to malicious web sites. We can’t keep it in our system and must be removed immediately. You can remove this virus from two processes – Manual or Automatic Removal Process. Manual process is time consuming and unable to remove the threat completely, we recommend you to remove Dnsbasic.com hijacker by using automatic removal process, just download the link given below. It will scan your system and find all the traces of this critical redirect virus automatically and completely remove it from your system. It is a time saving process and required minimum user effort; this tool will also optimize your System speed and performance.
To view complete installation, check out Installation Guide!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of Dnsbasic.com Redirect Virus from Windows system manually –
Step 1 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in URL bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Enter ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box, right click and select ‘Modify’.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 2 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench’ or ‘Bar’ icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default’.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 3 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘Tools’ (from Top Menu) > ‘Internet Option’.
- Click ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ‘Set as default’.
- Restart browser.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below –
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Avoid clicking any suspicious links of any un-trusted websites.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codec’s etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.
Other Related Posts
Remove SwagBucks virus from PC in Easy Steps [Complete Working Solution]! Remove Secure-ams.adnxs.com Virus – Get Rid of secure-ams.adnxs.com Virus from PC Completely!