How to Get Rid of Maxwebsearch.com Browser Hijacker Completely!
Maxwebsearch.com is a critical browser hijacker that generally comes from malicious links, spam emails, freeware download and many more. It can be installed automatically on your computer. Once it is executed, it will hijack your browsers and change the default settings and rewrite homepage to Maxwebsearch.com. For that, when you will search anything on internet, you will be automatically redirected to some unknown sites which contains many malicious threats. It will also generate thousands of malicious pop ups and ads on your computer screen when you will surf the web which can be a source of some vicious infections like adware, malware spyware and many others. Besides, it can be used by cyber criminals to steal your confidential data and information like bank account details, credit card information and so on. It is also able open backdoor of your system to introduce other critical threats to your computer. As a result, your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results, it displays several annoying popup and adverts while you surf the web, It also makes path for the installation of other types of spyware/adware and so on. So, you need to think about a way to remove Maxwebsearch.com as soon as possible from PC completely.
Lethal Characteristics of Maxwebsearch.com!
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- Your Google, Yahoo and other search results will be redirected.
- Your PC will encounter issues while starting and shutting it down.
- You will see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- Your critical and valuable data might get steal and send to cyber criminals.
- And so on.
How Maxwebsearch.com Enters into the PC!
It is actually not certain how this malware gets into the computer system particularly. If it takes the help of any method to intrude in to any particular PC then you can’t be sure it will do the same for others. Since it does not requires any kind of administrator permission to get inside, so it is really hard to find how it gains entry into the PC. Some of common intrusion methods include –
- Downloading free stuffs like movies, codec’s, videos etc. from un-trusted or malicious websites.
- Visiting any adult/porn, infected or malicious websites.
- Clicking links of pop-ups and ads which are malicious in nature.
- Downloading email attachments containing infected codes or malicious stuffs.
- Through peer to peer file sharing tools.
- Taking the help of some sneaky Trojans, viruses and other malware’s.
- And many more.
How to Remove Maxwebsearch.com from PC Completely!
Maxwebsearch.com is very complicated to remove manually for its critical nature of escaping from antivirus protection. Besides, it changes the browser setting which cannot be set back by manual process. So, it is recommended that you try the automatic method to remove this threat permanently. There is an automatic tool provided below which is able to uninstall Maxwebsearch.com completely. It automatically scans the hard drives to remove all the traces of this threat. So, without wasting any more time, just download this application and run a free scan of your PC to get rid of Maxwebsearch.com browser hijacker completely. It will also help to improve your PC performance.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide!
Manual removal methods of Maxwebsearch.com tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete Maxwebsearch.com files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by Maxwebsearch.com.
NOTE: To represent Maxwebsearch.com, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that Maxwebsearch.com may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace Maxwebsearch.com.
Step 4 – You can also remove Maxwebsearch.com from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove Maxwebsearch.com from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove Maxwebsearch.com by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.