Facebook Token Hijacker Complete Removal Guide!
Facebook Token Hijacker has been categorized as a browser hijacker that affects the facebook users who want to score a pair of UGGs boots. Actually, it is a group of malicious codes and it uses some harmful techniques to hide its code from your security systems. It invades your computer by offering the malicious UGG boots and you will be asked to post your access token after logging into the app. Once it will hijack your token, it will start posting on your facebook wall. It will also force you to create an event and invite all of your facebook friends. As a result, your PC will run slowly and sluggishly with degraded performance, it may also download and install several harmful spyware programs on your PC, it compromises user’s system privacy and security and so on. So, it can be very dangerous for your PC and browser and you should remove Facebook Token Hijacker from PC as soon as possible.
Facebook Token Hijacker Screenshot!
Lethal Characteristics of Facebook Token Hijacker!
- Your Google, Yahoo and other search results will be redirected.
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- Your critical and valuable data might get steal and send to cyber criminals.
- Your PC will encounter issues while starting and shutting it down.
- You may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- And so on.
How Facebook Token Hijacker Enters into the PC!
It is actually not certain how this malware gets into the computer system particularly. If it takes the help of any method to intrude in to any particular PC then you can’t be sure it will do the same for others. Since it does not requires any kind of administrator permission to get inside, so it is really hard to find how it gains entry into the PC. Some of common intrusion methods include –
- Clicking links of pop-ups and ads which are malicious in nature.
- Taking the help of some sneaky Trojans, viruses and other malware’s.
- Downloading free stuffs like movies, codec’s, videos etc. from un-trusted or malicious websites.
- Visiting any adult/porn, infected or malicious websites.
- Through peer to peer file sharing tools.
- And many more.
How to Remove Facebook Token Hijacker from PC Completely!
Facebook Token Hijacker can be removed easily with this automatic method by using this application provided below. It scans you whole PC and uninstall Facebook Token Hijacker totally. Therefore, without wasting any more time, just download this tool and run a free scan of your PC to get rid of Facebook Token Hijacker permanently. It will also enhance your PC performance.
View complete installation process, check out Installation Guide!
Manual removal methods of Facebook Token Hijacker tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete Facebook Token Hijacker files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by Facebook Token Hijacker.
NOTE: To represent Facebook Token Hijacker, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that Facebook Token Hijacker may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace Facebook Token Hijacker.
Step 4 – You can also remove Facebook Token Hijacker from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove Facebook Token Hijacker from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove Facebook Token Hijacker by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.