Easiest Way to remove SearchtermResult.com redirect virus!
About SearchTermResults.com virus redirect!
Searchterms results virus is notorious browser hijacker which is created by the criminal minded persons who will gain access to its own network domain and financial profits using unfair tricks on Internet. It changes your web browser settings under popular browsers like Google Chrome; IE and Firefox etc. This malware also modifies your default homepage and search engine. If you are searching on Google, this virus will redirect your searches and web links to its own http://Searchtermresults.
SearchTermResults.com enters into your PC as a browser toolbar/extension bundled with free software download available on Internets third-party sites. As soon as it gets into your PC, it modifies your configuration settings and can be takes place of default provider and start page etc. Mainly it causes frequent web redirects to wrong websites, and leads you to unexpected webpage which contain paid content and advertisement for the user. Its main demerit is to collect personal user information which may include sensitive financial data such as username, password and account details. So it’s for your betterment you should remove SearchtermsResult virus from your computer as soon as possible.
Harmful Symptoms to Identify the Presence of SearchtermResults.com
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Search results will be redirected to unknown websites which are malicious in nature.
- You will notice several unwanted and commercial pop-ups and advertisements in a row.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
- It will slow down the PC while starting up, playing online games, surfing internet and performing other tasks.
- It will resist most of the procedures and methods of its removal or elimination.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
How to remove Searchterm Result redirect virus?
Searchterm Result is a Browser toolbar/extension bundled with free software download available on Internets third-party sites. So, it is difficult to remove it from your system. There are two removal methods- Manual and Automatic. Manual removal method is time consuming process which also not provides 100% success and you should know each and every step to remove this software; therefore you must use automatic removal method by downloading the program given below. It is a time saving process that removes all the traces of Searchterm Result redirect virus and optimizes the speed and performance of your pc. So it is recommended to remove Searchterm Result redirect virus as immediate as you can.
Remove Searchterm.Results.com Virus Manually!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of Searchterm.Results.com from Windows system manually –
Step 1 – Uninstall Searchterm.Results.com Program
- Go to ‘Start’ > ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
- Scroll down the program list to find and highlight “Searchterm.Results.com” and click ‘Remove’.
- Also look for “MagicPic” and “Toolbar on IE and Chrome” items, highlight and remove them.
Step 2 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in URL bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Enter ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box, right click and select ‘Modify’.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 3 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench’ or ‘Bar’ icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default’.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 4 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘Tools’ (from Top Menu) > ‘Internet Option’.
- Click ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ‘Set as default’.
- Restart browser.