Coupon Genie Adware – How to remove Coupon Genie Ads?
What is Coupon Genie Adware?
Coupon Genie is a browser add-on which shows coupons ads and Pop-ups when Internet user visits online shopping Websites (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Zappos, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Expedia, Staples, and GameSpot etc.) Coupon add-on Adware is developed by 215 Apps, and can easily installed in any browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome etc and attaches itself to your browser without your permission. Software Coupon Genie browser add-on is characterized as Adware program. It is distributed together with free software downloads available on internet. It causes Privacy issues, and companies are related to Yontoo and “Ads not by this site” Adware programs. Discount Coupon is installed into your PC while downloading Freeware software from internet. So users should be aware that many popular download websites are using a software Marketing method known as Bundling that is users are forced to downloads additional software in the installation steps of freeware downloads. Coupon Genie Ads is potentially unwanted browser add-on, so it is necessary to remove Coupon Genie Adware as soon as quick from your PC Completely.
Screenshot of Coupon Genie Adware!
Harmful Properties of Coupon Genie Adware!
Intrusion methods of this threat are really very tricky and is really hard to identify. Once it gets into the computer system it badly affects its performance and make it to work really very slow and sluggish. It even deactivates PC protection tool and posses several such damaging properties. Some of them are summed up here below –
- Intelligently tracks online behavior and Internet activity of the user.
- Displays lots of annoying ads, commercial pop-ups, fake error message and alerts.
- May intrude into the PC with dangerous privacy-invasive software and spyware’s.
- It may steal your valuable personal data and compromises security of the PC.
- Victims may find it difficult to remove it from their PC and browser as it resists most of its elimination methods.
- Degrades PC performance and speed several folds and makes it to work in a slothful manner.
- Takes advantage of the system vulnerabilities and makes way for other malicious infections.
How Coupon Genie Adware Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like Coupon Genie Adware easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below –
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- And several others.
How to remove Coupon Genie Adware From your PC Completely?
Coupon Genie Adware is unwanted browser Plug-in installed itself in any browser very easily, it only create problem for users therefore must be removed from your system completely. There are two removal process- Automatic removal and Manual removal process. We prefer to Automatic removal process as it is time saving and perform it task totally, by tracing all the files of Coupon Genie Adware and remove them from PC, you must also try Automatic removal process just by downloading the program given below and remove Coupon Genie Adware effectively, in addition it will also optimize your system speed and performance.
To view complete installation, check out Installation Guide!
“It is really a stubborn add-on I have ever deal with. I tried all the manual steps given below and thought I have successfully removed it from PC. Thanks to your Coupon Genie Adware Removal tool that has really helped me out.” John William, Minnesota.
“While using internet I was tired to see unwanted ads and pop-ups, so I just want to remove it from my PC then I get to know about Coupon Genie Adware Removal tool. And lastly I have successfully removed it from my PC.”Mark Taylor, Mississippi.
How to Remove Coupon Genie Adware from PC using Manual Methods?
Manual removal methods of this ransomware tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below –
Step 1 – Start Windows system in ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ by pressing ‘F8’ when PC starts.
Step 2 – Uninstall Coupon Genie Adware from PC using Add/Remove Program – For this first click on ‘Start’, then choose ‘Control Panel’ and click on ‘Programs and Features’. Now look for Coupon Genie Adware, select it and click on ‘Uninstall’
Step by step procedure to remove Coupon Genie Adware from various browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
In Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, click on wrench or bars icon on top right corner of the browser. Then select ‘Tools’ and click on ‘Extensions’. Locate and select the extension named Coupon Genie Adware and click on the trash icon.
In Mozilla Firefox
For the elimination of this adware in Mozilla Firefox, first click on ‘Tools’ at the top of the browser and select ‘Add-ons’. Next click on ‘Extensions’ and disable the add-on named Coupon Genie Adware.
In Internet Explorer
In order to remove the extension of this adware from Internet Explorer, first start the browser, click ‘Tools’ (gear icon on IE 9) and select ‘Manage Add-ons’. Next look for the App entries related to Coupon Genie Adware and disable it.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below –
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codec’s etc. from torrents or sites.
- Use a powerful Firewall to block any incoming connections from malicious hosts.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.