Coupon Companion Adware – How to Remove Coupon Companion Extension from Browser?
Coupon Companion is one of the dangerous and annoying adware programs which is widely spread over the internet. This harmful adware changes browser and DNS settings once installed in the computer system and shows malicious ads whenever user attempts to browse anything from their browser. It frequently displays annoying pop-ups on the right upper corner of the browser which changes time to time. If you click the pop-up or any of the links that it displays then it redirects you to some misleading websites that promotes some of its related products. By doing this, the creators of this adware gain lots of traffic that adds to their whole traffic as a bonus. In addition to that, Coupon Companion may force you download other unwanted programs, malware on the computer which may do more destruction to the PC. It may monitor your online activity like browsing habit or behavior in order collect personal information such as bank account details, IP address, passwords, credit card statements etc. and may deliver it to remote hackers, who may use those information for their own benefit. So, be aware of this malicious adware because it is a high risk threat that can cause lots of destruction to the PC. In fact you better try to remove Coupon Companion adware from the PC, if it is already installed in the computer system as quick as possible.
Coupon Companion Adware Attack Symptoms!
- It installs itself to the PC without users consent.
- It displays several annoying popup and adverts while user surfs the web.
- It also makes path for the installation of other types of spyware/adware.
- It compromises user’s system privacy and security.
- It may hijack, redirect and change user’s browser and internet settings.
- And so on.
How to Remove Coupon Companion Adware from PC Effectively?
Though removing Coupon Companion adware from PC is very easy using conventional methods of add-on or extension removal, but it has been reported that this adware has the tendency to return back which make its removal bit complicated. So, it is advised that you better take the help of specialized adware removal program that will delete all the traces of this adware from PC and browser completely. And to get that specialized program just download the file provided below and leave rest to it. It will effectively scan your PC for all related traces of this adware and remove them from PC permanently.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide.
Manual removal methods of Coupon Companion tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8’ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt’ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete Coupon Companion files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Remove settings manually created by Coupon Companion.
NOTE: To represent Coupon Companion, we used the term ‘Unknown’. Be aware that Coupon Companion may also use other names or terms.
Step 1 – Start Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools (on top menu) > Internet Options.
Step 2 – Now in General tabs, look for the area says Search and click on Settings button.
Step 3 – From the list of search providers, select your preferred search provider and click on Set as default to replace Coupon Companion.
Step 4 – You can also remove Coupon Companion from the list by selecting and clicking Remove button.
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome and click the Wrench icon on top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – After that click on Settings to open a window. Find the area saying Search in the mid section of the page and click on Manage search engines.
Step 3 – Then mouse-over to the preferred search engine and click Make default.
Step 4 – You can also remove Coupon Companion from there by clicking X mark which will appear when you will hover the mouse pointer over it.
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla, click the arrow down on Google Search box right beside the ‘G’ logo.
Step 2 – Then click on Manage Search Engines from the drop-down list to view all search engines installed.
Step 3 – Choose your preferred default search provider and place it at first spot by clicking Move up button.
Step 4 – You can also remove Coupon Companion by highlighting it and clicking Remove button.