Cougar Systems Support Center – Remove It From PC Effectively!
Cougar Systems Support Center is an unsafe malicious website that provides computer user’s with fake rogue application which belongs to the family called WinWebSec. This websites are used by cyber criminal to scam innocent computer users and earn their hard earned money using dirty tricks and techniques. Although the appearance of this website looks very authentic and sophisticated but it is nothing to do with the real legit domain. It doesn’t provides any kind of support what it promises rather it will fill your PC with lots of harmful and malicious elements and make your Windows system a compromised one. Once your system gets infected, you will be forcefully redirected to this domain quite often and your PC will become infected with rogue antispyware. So, don’t trust this website and if your PC is infected with this rogue then try to remove Cougar Systems Support Center from your system as quick as possible.
Cougar Systems Support Center Screenshot!
Cougar Systems Support Center Attack Symptoms!
- Your PC’s resources will be compromised and it may also disable certain functions of your PC.
- You may find problems in running or executing some of the programs of your PC.
- Your PC will run slowly and sluggishly with degraded performance.
- Your browser and internet settings will be changed and redirect search results.
- You may see several commercial unwanted pop-ups and adverts.
- It may also download and install several harmful spyware programs on your PC.
- You may experience as if your entire PC has gone stuck.
- And so on.
How Cougar Systems Support Center Rogue Spreads?
As Cougar Systems Support Center is a fake website, so it itself serves the biggest platform to spreads malicious threats and rogue program to healthy PC’s. Apart from that it also spreads infection via hacked and malicious websites when you attempt to download any unknown program or codec from un-trusted websites. Rogue applications may also invade into your PC via spam email attachments and by clicking suspicious links of pop-ups and ads that appear very often. Apart from that, fake online scanners, sneaky redirects and downloading torrents from un-trusted sources also leads to the invasion of this rogue into your computer system
What Cougar Systems Support Center Rogue Actually Does?
When you visit Cougar Systems Support Center, it immediately drops misleading fake applications to your Windows system which belong to WinWebSec family. Once any rogue gets into the computer system then it is going to sabotage your compromised PC completely. It alters Windows registry settings and its entries to pave path for other rogues and infections. Along with that it also drops harmful files and malicious elements to legit system directory to infect windows system completely. Once it configures itself, it starts automatically whenever PC starts and fabricates fake scanning of the entire PC to display such infections and threats that never existing in your computer system. Most of them were planted by this rogue itself. It then ask you to pay funds in order to remove those infections from your PC, but it is strictly recommended that don’t pay anything to such rogue rather try to remove them from PC as quick as you can.
How to Remove Cougar Systems Support Center from PC Automatically?
When we are talking about removal of Cougar Systems Support Center, we are actually talking about removal of those rogue programs which has been planted by this malicious websites. Actually removing those rogue programs from Windows system manually is bit difficult as it alters many registry entries and drops several harmful files in the computer system. So, searching the location of those files and entries and then deleting them is really very hectic task. To simplify this task just download the file linked below and run a free scan to eliminate this rogue from your computer system completely. It is the best, effective and safest way to get rid of this lethal rogue from PC. You can remove it manually but keep it in mind that this manual process is only for experts and most importantly does not guarantees the complete removal of Cougar Systems Support Center.
To view complete installation process, check out Installation Guide.
How to Remove Cougar Systems Support Center from PC manually?
Manual removal methods of Cougar Systems Support Center tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below –
- Delete Cougar Systems Support Center files from PC –
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
- Stop Cougar Systems Support Center processes –
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
- Remove Cougar Systems Support Center registry keys –
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
- Delete Cougar Systems Support Center DLL files –
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run.” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
- If Cougar Systems Support Center changed your homepage –
- Select Start menu > Control Panel > Internet Options > General.
- Type your preferred home page’s URL.
- Click “Use Default,” “Apply,” and “OK.”
Protect Windows PC from Cougar Systems Support Center redirect virus or Other Similar Attacks by Turning Safe Feature On
In Internet Explorer
You can protect your Internet Explorer browser by enabling or activating its SmartScreen Filter. This option will help you to detect and protect your system from phishing and other potential threats. Steps to turn on SmartScreen Filter are –
Step 1 – Launch Internet Explorer and navigate to Tools in the top menu and look for Safety menu.
Step 2 – Now select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
Step 3 – To finalize settings, restart Internet Explorer.
In Google Chrome
In Google Chrome you need to enable Phishing and Malware Detection feature to minimize the risk of browsing over internet. Enabling this option will prompt a warning message every time you will try to detect any suspicious website. Here are the steps you need to follow for this task –
Step 1 – Launch Google Chrome, click the Wrench icon on the top right corner of the browser.
Step 2 – Select Settings from the drop-down list and check Enable phishing and malware protection checkbox.
Step 3 – To finalize settings restart Google Chrome.
In Mozilla Firefox
In Firefox, Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature which warns whether the page you are trying to visit contains any phishing content or not. To enable this feature, follow this below mentioned guide -
Step 1 – Launch Mozilla Firefox, click Tools in the top menu and select Options from the list.
Step 2 – Now select the section marked Security and check the items as mentioned in the image below.
Step 3 – Click OK and restart Firefox to finalize settings.