Clickorati.com virus hijacker – Complete Removal Guide!
About Clickorati.com virus!
Clickorati.com virus belongs to browser hijacker which is an annoying trick used by spammers and cyber criminals to drive online users to a certain network of websites. It is a corrupt extension or add-on which cans compatible with any of your web browser like Firefox or Google chrome, but the trouble is this Clickorati malware can get installed on your computer without taking your permission. And then it replaces your Internet settings, homepage, default search provider and related settings with its own URLs. Once it is loaded into your infected PC, you will find that your searching on Google always redirects you to http://Clickorati.com instead of search results from Google. Mainly it causes frequent web redirects to wrong websites, and leads you to unexpected webpage which brings bogus results matching with your query/key-words. Also when opening a new tab, Clickorati.com appears automatically in users screen. And this malware seems to be an alternative search option left for you but in reality it is a bogus program. Moreover, it may show annoying commercial advertisements to earn money or they can be involved in dangerous activities such as collecting personal user data for hackers, spreading scam-wares and distributing fake products. So it is recommended for you to remove Clickorati.com virus from your PC as soon as possible.
Screenshot of Clickorati.com Virus Hijacker!
Harmful Symptoms of Clickorati.com Virus Hijacker!
- Browser and internet settings will be altered without your knowledge.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search results will be redirected to suspicious sites.
- Your PC resources will be compromised and certain functions will be disabled.
- You will find issues in running or executing some of your programs in your PC.
- It may mess up with your privacy settings and may steal your personal files or information.
- Constant annoying ads and fake alerts will convince you to buy their useless product.
- It will resist most of the procedures and methods of its removal or elimination.
- Using security or privacy breaches it exploits the system vulnerabilities and try to act as a bridge for other malware.
How Clickorati.com Virus Hijacker Enters into Windows System?
You usually protect your PC using powerful antivirus programs and also update Firewall on a regular basis for its protection. But still malicious infections like Clickorati.com Virus Hijacker easily bypass your security system. The question here rises is “How these infections enter into the PC”? Well, the exact answer of this question is still a nightmare for the common people because cyber criminals use different-different advanced techniques to find and exploit the loopholes in your system and find an easy way of get in. So, for your knowledge some of the common mediums by which PC threats infiltrates in to the computer system are mentioned below –
- Using infected Network Drives.
- Attacks from executable code scripts.
- Opening malicious and infected email attachments.
- Downloading freeware and shareware stuffs from unsafe sites.
- Visiting malicious websites and clicking suspicious links on it.
- Using infected removal storage devices.
- And several others.
How to Remove Clickorati.com virus from PC Completely?
To overcome browser redirect Clickorati.com virus , you should follow the removal guide steps which is given below as quickly as possible otherwise it may cause serious damage to your system, by deleting important files and can steal your personal information. To avoid installation of free software Internet users should always pay close attention. There are two removals process – Manual and Automatic process. Clickorati.com virus can be removed manually from PC but it is long consuming process .so it is advised that you better try the automatic removal method in which you have to download a link which is given below. So, it is necessary for you, just download the software provided below and remove Clickorati.com virus from your PC effectively.
To view complete installation, check out Installation Guide!
Follow the below mentioned steps or guide to get rid of Clickorati.com Virus Hijacker from Windows system manually –
Step 1 – Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and type ‘about:config’ in URL bar and hit ‘Enter’.
- Enter ‘keyword.URL’ in the search box, right click and select ‘Modify’.
- Reset this parameter by leaving the box empty or setting something different from what it set.
- Next enter ‘browser.search.defaultenginename’ in the search box and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- Now type ‘browser.search.selectedEngine’ in the search box and reset it to something different from what is set
- Last but not the least, search for ‘browser.newtab.url’ and modify it to ‘about:newtab’.
- Restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Step 2 – Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on ‘Wrench’ or ‘Bar’ icon in the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings’ > ‘Search’ > ‘Manage Search Engines’.
- Next select your preferred search engine and click on ‘Make Default’.
- Restart browser after completion.
Step 3 – Remove from Internet Explorer
- Start the IE and select ‘Tools’ (from Top Menu) > ‘Internet Option’.
- Click ‘General’ tab > ‘Change Search Defaults’ > ‘Settings’.
- Now select your preferred provider and click ‘Set as default’.
- Restart browser.
How to Protect PC from Future Malware Attacks?
You should always take good care of your Windows system because it is something that you use on a daily basis and you want it to be healthy and work properly. So, to avoid any future intrusions from any malware you must follow or take some precautions to avoid cyber attacks and keep PC safe and healthy. Some very useful PC protection tips are mentioned here below –
- First of all, always update the security program you are using on a regular basis like its virus definition and program version.
- Check email attachments before opening it especially if they are of spam mails.
- Try not to click or open any malicious advertisements from any social or unsafe websites.
- Avoid downloading stuffs like free programs, audio/video codec’s etc. from torrents or sites.
- Before using any secondary storage device scan it properly for any traces of virus infections.
- Always keep your confidential stuffs password protected using combination of normal and special characters.